The eighth annual Faculty/Staff Open Walls exhibit is an opportunity for UofL employees who are not professional or exhibited artists to share their work. In 2017, more than 30 artists from throughout the university participated. Those interested in participating can fill out the required form below.
June 11 to 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
Photographic Archives gallery, east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library
Artist reception June 19, noon to 2 p.m., outside the gallery
- All media (i.e., sculpture, painting, photography, woodworking, mixed media, fiber art, jewelry, crafts) will be accepted.
- Because of space limitations, Open Walls can only accommodate two pieces from each participant.
- Employee visual artists who want to participate should submit the registration form via email by 5 p.m. June 1, 2018.
- Past Open Walls participants are encouraged to exhibit; please enter artwork that is new to Open Walls.
Artists will be included on a first-come basis. Sponsors will do their best to include all who wish to share their work, but they have sole discretion on what will be displayed.
- Accepted artists will receive confirmation via email.
- Artists who receive confirmation will deliver their artwork to the Photographic Archives, lower level, Ekstrom Library, Monday, June 4, 2018 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- All hanging art must be ready to hang, including hanging hardware (nail, or nail and picture hook, for example).
- Artists must supply materials required for special displays, such as a pedestal for a large sculpture or a hanging quilt rod or stand for a quilt.
- All art must have the artist’s name on it or attached to it somewhere.
- A reception for artists and their guests will be held June 19, 2018 in the east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library (outside Photographic Archives). Participants are encouraged to attend.
- Artists must bring their receipt and retrieve their work between noon and 2 p.m. Friday, June 29, 2018.
- For further information contact Alicia Kelso at 852-2670.