This month’s Beer with a Scientist, held in conjunction with Research!Louisville, will be a get-to-know-you event. Eight (or more) University of Louisville researchers will provide 3-minute introductions of their work, then mix and mingle with guests. Topics will include 3-D printing, pain, nanoparticles, cancer, aging and precision medicine.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Gavin Arteel, PhD – Alcohol and liver disease
- Levi Beverly, PhD – Cancer
- Timothy Gornet – 3D printing
- Kristofer Rau, PhD – Neurobiology and pain
- Paul Rosen, PhD – ADHD
- Leah Siskind, PhD – Aging and kidney disease
- Jill Steinbach, PhD – Nanoparticles and nanotechnology
- Roland Valdes, PhD – Precision medicine
After the short presentations, guests will have the opportunity to talk informally with the scientists. The talks begin at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 13, at Against the Grain Brewery, 401 E. Main St. in Louisville.
Admission is free. Purchase of beer, other beverages or menu items is not required but is encouraged.